The technological revolution has eased many of the problems in the printing sector. When you want to produce shipping labels, CD labels, gift tags, individual address labels, gift tags, business cards, return address labels, DVD labels, post cards and many other types of requirements, you can use your printer to serve the purpose. Built-in templates can be used with the help of an unpublicized feature in Word 2007 and 2010. These templates can suit just about any sheet of labels you can buy. Meanwhile, you can leave other sheets blank.
1. First of all, select the Mailings tab to use the built-in templates. Next, bring up the ‘Envelopes and Labels’ by clicking Labels in the Create subsection on the left-hand side of the ribbon. In the address window, paste or enter an address. Click the small address-book icon to select an addressee from your contacts list in Outlook. Paste or write an address in the address window. If your intent is not to print an address label then you can skip this step.
2. Select Full page of the same label or single label in the Print section on the left. Select the row and column of the label you want to print if you have selected former option. When you want to print an address on a single blank label on a sheet of 30 labels, then you should use this option. As suggested by the dialogue box, insert the label sheet into your printer’s manual-feed tray.
3. Now you have to click Options. Select ‘field’ by clicking the down arrow next to the Label vendors. A display of brands of labels will appear and you can select what you want to finalize. A list of many vendors will be visible to you including Avery and Office Depot. In order to select the exact labels, scroll through the list under Product number to select the exact labels and then click OK.
4. You are now ready to print whether you are doing whole sheet printing or label printing. You can repeat this process if you wish to print several single labels on a sheet. You just have to select the ‘Single label’ option every time.
5. You can always download a suitable free template from Microsoft if Word does not offer you a built-in template for your labels. This is also true in case you want to use someone else’s design. Create a new document by clicking ‘New’ by checking File tab or Office button. Click Labels in the many options under ‘Office.com templates’. For various types of projects you will have folders. You just need to browse through the available options by clicking on the folder. Click to download any one which you really like.
Name: John Adams
Job Title: Chief Editor